Budget-Friendly Travel Resources
Written by Guest-Blogger: Cindy Aldridge
After spending so much time close to home, many of us are itching for a well-deserved change of scenery, even if it’s months down the road. While it might feel pointless to plan a getaway in the midst of uncertainty, having something exciting to look forward to is a great way to lift your spirits and look ahead.
Tours of Exploration shares 11 budget-friendly travel resources in the sections below, so read on and let the vacation planning begin!
If you’re looking to save on your next vacation, traveling by car is just one affordable option to consider. Here are a few tips to take some of the anxiety and added expenses out of planning a road trip:
- Plan your route, calculate costs, create a budget, search for affordable entertainment options, and avoid overpacking.
- Use mobile apps like GasBuddy, Google Maps, HotelTonight, and The Dyrt to locate budget hotels, campsites, and gas stations — and find the quickest routes to your destinations.
If road trips aren’t your thing, it’s possible to travel by air without breaking the bank. Here’s how to do it!
- Select your destination. Some of the cheapest places to fly in 2020 continue to offer value and include Santiago (Chile), Ambergris Caye (Belize), Bucharest (Romania), New Orleans (Louisiana), and Miami Beach (Florida).
- Check out travel specials from us, Tours of Exploration!
- Get insider secrets for booking affordable airfare.
- Use a minimal packing list, and remember to stash charging accessories and ensure you have a durable screen protector to defend your smartphone.
- Once you reach your destination, there are some steps you can take to save on food and meals. It starts with eating like a local!
Staycations are an affordable option if you’re looking to enjoy the benefits of travel without leaving your city. Here are some budget-friendly tips for planning a staycation that’ll almost make you forget you haven’t crossed state lines.
- Explore your own city! To make the most of your staycation, select a date, book a hotel, choose a few local landmarks and restaurants to visit, and be sure to disconnect from your phone, social media accounts, and emails.
- If you simply can’t imagine staying anywhere until a sense of normalcy returns, you can still enjoy the benefits of a staycation while remaining at home with great tips from MarthaStewart.com.
A great vacation doesn’t have to cost thousands of dollars. And whether you’re looking to get away for a day, week, or longer, these budget-friendly tips and resources will help you to plan the vacation (or staycation) you’ve been waiting for!
Are you ready to explore the world? Book your next adventure with Tours of Exploration. We offer a variety of unique travel tours around the world, complete with customized itineraries and trusted local experts at your destination.